Petrosains Volunteer

Assalamualaikum,

It is a story that I've been planned to share about 3 weeks ago. I've just finished my foundation so to make use of my body and brain, I applied for volunteer in Petrosains. You know the place where children play happily ever after. No! It isn't just for kids. It is a place where all generation can learn Science in fun and easy way. Hey, don't turn off my blog when you read SCIENCE. Even if you don't have basic and sound knowledge of Science like me, you still can apply for this volunteer thing. When it comes to volunteering, we learn new knowledge and experience. So don't back off! People there are very welcoming for volunteer like me(don't know Science at all).

There are about one and a half month for me to enroll in undergraduate study.
So, I take this chance to be a good young generation by volunteering at Petrosains. Wow! It's just a lie, I'm not that good if there is allowance given to volunteer. 

RM 5/weekday
RM 6/weekend
RM 7/public holiday

At least, I'm not at loss to have to pay for public transport and meals. Hey, I'm not stingy okay? A university student whose from between rich-poor family and don't have any scholarships, where am I gonna have money for all those expenses. As if money will fall from the sky. 

After you received a call from Petrosains telling that you're accepted to be a volunteer, you have to join the Volunteer Orientation Program (VOP) for 5 days. You'll know all other volunteer members in your batch. Yeah, there is batch for volunteers depends on when you apply. Do visit this page for further details.







After VOP, you have to finish you On Job Training(OJT) for 5 days. Allowance given during OJT only RM 25 per day because yeah you're still trainee. Don't be high-demanded or else don't be volunteer lah. Just kidding.

So, basically, under Petrosains volunteer program, there are 4 departments that you can apply for on the last day of VOP. 

1. Exhibit department - generally it is about taking care of machines and equipments. So, if you're a shy-type and heavy-mouthed person, do apply for this please! Hahahaha*

2. Scevo department - I don't remember its full name, it focuses on Customer Service at Science Center(in Petrosains). 

3. Program department - It is all about experiments. So people like me, just give up! No no! Don't ever give up just because you're like me(don't know Science). It is fun and worth to try. I am regretting it now for applying another department just because I don't have the confidence to be a part of Program. I don't know why we even need confidence to learn? Just take a deep breath and go for it! *sigh

4. Last but not least, I present to you my one and only department (as if I would stay in this department) Petronas Twin Tower Visit Operation 
department - We call it Pettvo, it's about customer service too but not in Science Center. We have to work at the sky bridge easy to say. 



Okay, so my advise is think carefully before choosing your preferred department. If you want the department but you think you wouldn't fit in there, just apply for that department. 

Okay, this is all for today and enjoy being a volunteer anywhere and salam :)




Comments

Popular Posts